The purpose of the MSCB Multi-agency Training is to help develop and foster the following, in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people:
- a shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles, and roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare;
- more effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for action;
- effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi-disciplinary groups or teams, and;
- sound decision-making, based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
The MSCB Multi-agency Training courses have been tailored to meet the needs of professionals within the partnership agencies and in the Voluntary, Community and Faith (VCF) sector. The MSCB Multi-agency Training Programme and guidance manual are available on the MSCB Training website http://training.manchesterscb.org.uk/ . Please follow the instructions below for applying for a place.
Applications for MSCB face to face Training courses
All applications for MSCB are through the training website. In order to apply for courses, all prospective delegates will need to follow these steps:
- Register with the training website - to visit our training website either click on the link here: TRAINING WEBSITE or type http://training.manchesterscb.org.uk/ into the address bar / URL bar of your browser.
- After registering on the site you will automatically be sent out an email to the address you have given. This email will contain a link that you must click on in order to activate your account. If you do not receive an email within an hour, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Once you have activated your account you will need to log onto the training site and apply for the individual courses you would like to attend.
- An email will then be sent out to your line manager for their approval to your attending the course you have applied for. All MSCB training courses require manager approval.
- Please note that your application for a course is successful once you have received an email email confirming your place.
- Approximately 1 weeks before the course date you will need to log into the training website to access and print off any training materials and venue instructions to take with you to the course
- After attending the course, you will need to log on again to the site and complete feedback.
- Once you submit your feedback you will be able to print your course certificate.
For further, more detailed guidance on how to register and use the MSCB Training Website,
E - Learning Course - Self Registration Portal
We are delighted to announce that the MSCB has secured a new way of accessing e-learning with our partner training company Virtual College. Anyone can now self-register for e-learning and can access over 40 child safeguarding related training courses including Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect, Domestic Abuse Awareness, Safeguarding Children with Disabilities etc.
The e-learning courses can now be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://manchesterscb.virtual-college.co.uk/.
The registration process is straightforward and requires each user to create their own login and unique password. Virtual College is supporting the registration process and their contct details are avaialble on their website. Each user will be given 4 weeks to complete each e-learning course and their agency will be charged £25 for non-completion.
Charges for the e-learning courses apply to private organisations only eg. if your agency charges for its services then you will be charged for e.learning.